This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

The semifinalist list is in the PDL website. There were 2 Americans in the list and several foreign dancers studying in US ballet academies (2 from ABT-JKO,1 from SFB and 1 from Houston ballet school.There were a lot of male dancers in the list this year.

Must say that I enjoyed the Prix de Lausanne immensely :) The TV didnt seem to work although I have Arte so I settled for the computer. With a good broad band and a fairly large screen I sat there glued for most of the time.

This year, it seemed to be the year of the guys - there were several very promising ones. It is always lovely to watch young people and then see if one can predict their future.

The Argentinian guy who won doing Bournonville was good. He had as good a feeling for the Danish style as one could possibly expect. Now he did a solo from La Sylphide whereupon I quipped to my husband that the guy ought to have done a solo from "Fjernt fra Danmark" (Far from Denmark) in stead. The story of that old ballet is about a Danish frigate sailing to just Argentina. :D

Spain did well too, and even Portugal :P According to my notes I also liked Skylar (might have got that wrong) Campbell, 17, from the US. Another one I liked was a New Zeeland girl Karen Johnson who also didnt get a prize. So, in total, five boys and two girls were awarded prizes.

Dont know what happened to the Swedish guy, probably he didnt make the finals.

I also liked Skylar (might have got that wrong) Campbell, 17, from the US. Another one I liked was a New Zeeland girl Karen Johnson who also didnt get a prize

Both Skyler Campbell and Karen Johnson competed in the 2009 competition not in the 2010 and are both from Southern California, United States.

Oh well, Tutumaker, I saw such a lot on the website and made a lot of notes so I must have got them mixed up. The Prix de Lausanne website carries a lot of past competitions as well and it is well worth visiting - standards are high generally. Hope those two youngsters from California are doing well today because I really thought they stood out. :)

Hope those two youngsters from California are doing well today because I really thought they stood out. :)

Karen Johnson is currently studying at the John Cranko School in Stuttgart and Skylar Campbell is an apprentice at the National Ballet of Canada.

Karen was always a standout dancer even as a young girl when my daughter was a teeny little thing and went to the same ballet studio as Karen. It has been wonderful to see her progress over the years.

Skylar has many fans here in Southern California!

http://www.musiccenter.org/education/spot_...9interview.html

http://www.ballet.ca/thecompany/apprentices/