This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

James Mitchell R.I.P.

James Mitchell has died:

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/soaps/amc/...-another-legend

While he got his start in musicals (Broadway and film), he is best known for his three decade long portrayal of Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children. He was part of one of the great triangles in soap history -- the one that existed between Palmer, his daughter Nina and her suitor Cliff. (Palmer detested Cliff and did everything in his power to break-up Nina and Cliff.)

With the possible exception of his soap contemporary Beverlee McKinsey, no one could deliver a put down like Mitchell. My all-time favorite occurred when Palmer was a guest at one of Erica Kane's innumerable weddings. Noticing that the bride hadn't arrived yet, he hissed: "Erica had better be on time or this is the last Erica Kane wedding I'm going to!!!"

Loved, loved, LOVED him!

Thanks for posting, miliosr. More sad news this week.

My all-time favorite occurred when Palmer was a guest at one of Erica Kane's innumerable weddings. Noticing that the bride hadn't arrived yet, he hissed: "Erica had better be on time or this is the last Erica Kane wedding I'm going to!!!"

He had style. :D

And don't forget he was a dancer, appearing in films and on stage. He was in Ballet Theatre and appeared in most of Agnes de Mille's stage productions. He was in the dream ballet in Oklahoma, among other things. And he was wonderful in All My Children. He will be missed.

And don't forget he was a dancer, appearing in films and on stage. He was in Ballet Theatre and appeared in most of Agnes de Mille's stage productions. He was in the dream ballet in Oklahoma, among other things. And he was wonderful in All My Children. He will be missed.

I had just been thinking that we should move this thread to the ballet forum, but I didn't know he had been with Ballet Theatre. Thank you for the information.