This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Sleeping Beauty casting

NEW YORK CITY BALLET

PRINCIPAL CASTING JANUARY 27 - 31, 2010

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

WEDNESDAY EVENING, JANUARY 27, 7:30 PM (Conductor: Karoui)

PRINCESS AURORA: Bouder; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: *Veyette; LILAC FAIRY: Mearns; CARABOSSE: Ashley**; TENDERNESS: Hankes; VIVACITY: King; GENEROSITY: Krohn; ELOQUENCE: *Pereira; COURAGE: *Scheller; GOLD: Hanna**; DIAMOND: Reichlen; EMERALD: *Morgan; RUBY: A. Stafford; WHITE CAT: Zungre; PUSS IN BOOTS: Suozzi; PRINCESS FLORINE: T. Peck; BLUEBIRD: Ulbricht; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: Seth; COURT JESTERS: Carmena, Laurent, Peiffer

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

THURSDAY EVENING, JANUARY 28, 8 PM (Conductor: Kaplow)

PRINCESS AURORA: M. Fairchild; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: De Luz; LILAC FAIRY: Somogyi; CARABOSSE: Kowroski; TENDERNESS: Collins; VIVACITY: *Adams; GENEROSITY: Arthurs; ELOQUENCE: Dronova; COURAGE: Bar; GOLD: *J. Angle; DIAMOND: Lowery; EMERALD: King; RUBY: *Laracey; WHITE CAT: *Segin; PUSS IN BOOTS: *Hall; PRINCESS FLORINE: A. Stafford; BLUEBIRD: Carmena; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: Tworzyanski; COURT JESTERS: *Schumacher, Paradiso, Villalobos

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

FRIDAY EVENING, JANUARY 29, 8 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

PRINCESS AURORA: Hyltin; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: J. Stafford; LILAC FAIRY: Reichlen; CARABOSSE: *Ringer; TENDERNESS: *Smith; VIVACITY: *Pazcoguin; GENEROSITY: *Laracey; ELOQUENCE: Zungre; COURAGE: Muller; GOLD: T. Angle; DIAMOND: Krohn; EMERALD: *Dronova; RUBY: *Pereira; WHITE CAT: *Arthurs; PUSS IN BOOTS: *Danchig-Waring; PRINCESS FLORINE: Scheller; BLUEBIRD: Paradiso; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: *J. Peck; COURT JESTERS: Ulbricht, *Ippolito, *Alberda

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

SATURDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 30, 2 PM (Conductor: Karoui)

PRINCESS AURORA: Bouder; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: Veyette; LILAC FAIRY: Mearns; CARABOSSE: Ashley**; TENDERNESS: Hankes; VIVACITY: King; GENEROSITY: Krohn; ELOQUENCE: Pereira; COURAGE: Scheller; GOLD: Hanna**; DIAMOND: Reichlen; EMERALD: Morgan; RUBY: A. Stafford; WHITE CAT: Zungre; PUSS IN BOOTS: Suozzi; PRINCESS FLORINE: T. Peck; BLUEBIRD: Ulbricht; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: Seth; COURT JESTERS: Carmena, Laurent, Peiffer

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

SATURDAY EVENING, JANUARY 30, 8 PM (Conductor: Kaplow)

PRINCESS AURORA: M. Fairchild; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: De Luz; LILAC FAIRY: Somogyi; CARABOSSE: Kowroski; TENDERNESS: Collins; VIVACITY: Adams; GENEROSITY: Arthurs; ELOQUENCE: Dronova; COURAGE: Bar; GOLD: J. Angle; DIAMOND: Lowery; EMERALD: King; RUBY: Laracey; WHITE CAT: Segin; PUSS IN BOOTS: Hall; PRINCESS FLORINE: A. Stafford; BLUEBIRD: Carmena; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: Tworzyanski; COURT JESTERS: Schumacher, Paradiso, Villalobos

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

SUNDAY MATINEE, JANUARY 31, 2 PM (Conductor: Otranto)

PRINCESS AURORA: Hyltin; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: J. Stafford; LILAC FAIRY: Reichlen; CARABOSSE: Ringer; TENDERNESS: Smith; VIVACITY: Pazcoguin; GENEROSITY: Laracey; ELOQUENCE: Zungre; COURAGE: Muller; GOLD: T. Angle; DIAMOND: Krohn; EMERALD: Dronova; RUBY: Pereira; WHITE CAT: Arthurs; PUSS IN BOOTS: Danchig-Waring; PRINCESS FLORINE: Scheller; BLUEBIRD: Paradiso; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: J. Peck; COURT JESTERS: Ulbricht, Ippolito, Alberda

THE SLEEPING BEAUTY

SUNDAY EVENING, JANUARY 31, 7 PM (Conductor: Karoui)

PRINCESS AURORA: Bouder; PRINCE DÉSIRÉ: Veyette; LILAC FAIRY: Mearns; CARABOSSE: Ashley**; TENDERNESS: Hankes; VIVACITY: King; GENEROSITY: Krohn; ELOQUENCE: Pereira; COURAGE: Scheller; GOLD: Hanna**; DIAMOND: Reichlen; EMERALD: Morgan; RUBY: A. Stafford; WHITE CAT: Zungre; PUSS IN BOOTS: Suozzi; PRINCESS FLORINE: T. Peck; BLUEBIRD: Ulbricht; LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: TBA; THE WOLF: Seth; COURT JESTERS: Carmena, Laurent, Peiffer

* First Time in Role

** Guest Artist

PROGRAM AND CASTING SUBJECT TO CHANGE (1/15/10)

Updates are at: http://www.nycballet.com/casting/wk10.html

Why is Maria K. cast as Carabosse? She would be a wonderful Lilac Fairy, a role she has performed in the past. Oh well.

Only the first week of casting for "The Sleeping Beauty" has been posted.

As SingerWhoMoves mentioned, Katie Morgan will be dancing Aurora during the second week. Since Tiler Peck is featured as one of the winter season Aurora's in the NYCB's video (along with Ashley Bouder and Katie Morgan), it seems like she will be cast as Aurora the second week as well.

Perhaps Maria will be cast as The Lilac Fairy then; Maria has done Carabosse before too.

Here's a link to the same video on NYCBallet.com.

All of the videos on NYCB's Facebook page are available in the Viewing Room on the website.

No need to join Facebook, unless you want to. :wink:

Editing to add: When you get to the page in my first link, you'll have to scroll down to get to the Sleeping Beauty video. The "direct link" isn't so direct. :)

Edited by carbro
Here's a link to the same video on NYCBallet.com.

All of the videos on NYCB's Facebook page are available in the Viewing Room on the website.

No need to join Facebook, unless you want to. :wink:

Editing to add: When you get to the page in my first link, you'll have to scroll down to get to the Sleeping Beauty video. The "direct link" isn't so direct. :)

Thanks Carbro! I tried to post from the Viewing Room too but the link wouldn't go through. Maybe I tried at a particularly busy time.

Do they usually announce casting about two weeks ahead of time? I'm visiting NYC the weekend of Feb 5-7 and would like to see Kathyrn Morgan in Sleeping Beauty. I also want to buy tickets for a play and a musical that weekend so it would be nice to know which performance she is dancing Aurora.

Based on the timing of the first week's announcement, does it seem reasonable to expect that the second week casting will be posted by Saturday, Jan 23?

Do they usually announce casting about two weeks ahead of time? I'm visiting NYC the weekend of Feb 5-7 and would like to see Kathyrn Morgan in Sleeping Beauty. I also want to buy tickets for a play and a musical that weekend so it would be nice to know which performance she is dancing Aurora.

Based on the timing of the first week's announcement, does it seem reasonable to expect that the second week casting will be posted by Saturday, Jan 23?

Casting is usually announced on Thursday or Friday of each week.

I'm guessing that the second week of SB casting will be up by 1/21 or 1/22.