This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Act I. Spessivtzeva's solo. Coda's diagonal.The who's, where's and when's.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ashley Bouder did it:

#17 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ashley Bouder did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyJUASHGYoM

Thanks for the clip, canbelto. Wasn't this a performance that Bouder did somewhere in Europe a while ago, along with some ofther ballerinas guesting in the same role in a course of several days...? I remember a read about it, and saw a pic of all of them standing next to each other. Did that take place in Italy...? If so, maybe Fracci had something to do with the staging...? I have never seen a clip of the ballet of la Opera di Roma, but la Scalla does the Russian-pique turns version. I wonder if Fracci kept the version she danced in the video with Bruhn. She also seemed to be close to Dolin, from what we saw in the documentary.

#18 canbelto

canbelto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Also, Natalia Osipova talked about not being "allowed" to do the Spessivtseva diagonal by her coaches at the Bolshoi in an interview with ballet.co.uk. I can't locate the interview right now but I found that a weird statement.

#19 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Also, Natalia Osipova talked about not being "allowed" to do the Spessivtseva diagonal by her coaches at the Bolshoi in an interview with ballet.co.uk. I can't locate the interview right now but I found that a weird statement.

Wow...although I wouldn't doubt it. Russians seem to have kept their Giselle untouchable for a long time, and Olga's were latter additions, so I guess they are considered non traditional...? Also, they took place and developed out of Russia, so I guess they have never been performed there...? If you think of it, they neither do Sppessivtzeva's iconic three fish dives of Beauty-(aren't Russians probably the ONLY ones who don't perform them, actually...?)

#20 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,269 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Wow...although I wouldn't doubt it. Russians seem to have kept their Giselle untouchable for a long time, and Olga's were latter additions, so I guess they are considered non traditional...? Also, they took place and developed out of Russia, so I guess they have never been performed there...? If you think of it, they neither do Sppessivtzeva's iconic three fish dives of Beauty-(aren't Russians probably the ONLY ones who don't perform them, actually...?)

From the Osipova's Giselle at the Royal thread...

"I really like Spessivtseva’s diagonal, more than our traditional turns. But I wasn’t allowed to do it, not yet. If I dance this ballet often and it really becomes part of my repertoire, I will dance the diagonal. My coach thinks that it is an acceptable version, and quite possibly it will be a better and more effective one for me. For the moment, though, it’s better not to do it; there is lots of talk as it is."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):