This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

CCBM Program I. "Sleeping Beauty"

From the CCBM website:

CUBAN CLASSICAL BALLET OF MIAMI.

Program I

“Sleeping Beauty”

with:

Lorena Feijoo-(CCBM/SFB)

Taras Domitro-(CCBM/SFB)

and guests:

Roberta Marquez-(RB)

Carlos quenedit-(MCB)

Piotr Stanczyk-(NBC)

Saturday, February 20th Saturday at 8pm

&

Sunday, February 21th Sunday at 5pm

Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater

1700 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach

This cancellation is disappointing news, cristian, and must be terrible for the company.

I'm a little confused as to what the following means:

Our newly scheduled performance dates are Saturday, May 22nd at 8:00 pm & Sunday, May 23rd at 5:00 pm at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. The ballet performance will be announced at a later date.
Does this mean they are rescheduling Sleeping Beauty for May? Or what?
This cancellation is disappointing news, cristian, and must be terrible for the company.

I'm a little confused as to what the following means:

Our newly scheduled performance dates are Saturday, May 22nd at 8:00 pm & Sunday, May 23rd at 5:00 pm at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. The ballet performance will be announced at a later date.
Does this mean they are rescheduling Sleeping Beauty for May? Or what?

I think they posted the note with the ambiguity tone on purpose, so there could be the possibility of a last minute miracle. Other than that, before the announcing of the Beauty, the original full length programed for 2010 was to be Coppelia. For some reason I suspect that they will revert to that. Fine for me...I haven't seen the Cuban Coppelia-(or any other as a matter of fact)-for many years.