This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Bolshoi in London 2010Royal Opera House July/Aug

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

Royal Opera Website @ http://www.roh.org.u...shoi/index.aspx

#2 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:03 PM

Looks like a real good program. I noticed the dates of Spartacus and Coppelia are the same...

#3 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Looks like a real good program. I noticed the dates of Spartacus and Coppelia are the same...

Apologies, I forgot to mention this error.

#4 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

The Royal Opera House have amended a number of dates as follows: http://www.roh.org.u...shoi/index.aspx

#5 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 12:15 PM

Work may take me to London in late July--I won't have much choice about dates if I want to see the ballet (and I do!), but still would be very eager to hear any news about casting as soon as it is available.

I am, of course, aware that casts are, as they say, "subject to change."

#6 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Bolshoi casting has now been posted on the Royal Opera House site - obviously it may change before July. Any spelling mistakes are my own.

Spartacus 19, 20, 21, 31 July at 7.30pm, 31 July at 2pm

Vasiliev/Kaptsova/Zakharova/Volchkov 19, 31E
Nikulina/Dmitrichenko/Alexandrova/Baranov 20
Lobukhin/Kaptsova/Krysanova/Shpilevsky 21
Nikulina/Dmitirichenko/tbc/Baranov 31M

Coppélia 22, 23, 24, July at 7.30pm. 24 July at 2pm

Alexandrova/Skvortsov 22
Osipova/Lopatin 23
Stashkevich/Lopatin 24M
Osipova/Skvortsov 24E

Serenade/Giselle 26, 27, 28 July at 7.30pm

Krysanova/Leonova/Yatsenko/Shpilevsky and Zakharova/Tsiskaridze/Allash 26

Leonova/Yatsenko/Stashkevich/Shpilevsky and Osipova/Volchkov/Allash

Krysanova/Leonova/Yatsenko/Shpilevsky and Nikulina/Skvortsov/Leonova 28

Russian Seasons/Petrushka/Paquita 29, 30 July at 7.30pm

Alexandrova/Volchov; Vasiliev/Osipova/Savin; Osipova/Zakharova/Merkuriev 29

Vorontsova/Tsiskaridze; Lopatin/Krysanova/Biktimirov; Osipova/tbc 30

Le Corsaire 2, 3, 4, 5 August at 7.30pm

Alexandrova/Tsiskaridze/Krysanova 2, 5
Osipova/Vasiliev/Kaptsova 3
Shipulina/Skvortsov/Yatsenko 4

Don Quixote 6, 7 August at 7.30pm, 7 August at 2pm, 8 August at 3pm

Zakharova/Lobukhin 6, 8
Krysanova/Merkuriev 7M
Osipova/Vasiliev 7E

#7 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thank you for posting this--I was actually planning on checking the Royal Opera House website this weekend. Not sure exactly how things will play out this summer, but I am hoping at least to catch Coppelia!

#8 CHazell2

CHazell2

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

I can't wait to see Coppelia. But I do have a question. Which ballerina should I see. Maria Alexandrova or Natalie Osipova. I have heard good things of both ballerinas and as I am a student. I can only afford to see one ballet. So which one?

Please help? I will be more than grateful

#9 Azulynn

Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

It is really up to you, Chazell - both Alexandrova and Osipova were really quite stunning in the role when the reconstruction premiered last year. Lopatin may just be the better Franz, but I suggest you watch one or two clips of both ballerinas on YT and pick the one that appeals the most to you. I particularly enjoyed Alexandrova's musicality and humour in the ballet, not to mention her rock-solid, textbook classical technique (she may just be at her peak right now), but I don't think you can really go wrong here...

#10 Anna P

Anna P

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

It's so hard to choose which one to see! I don't know what my schedule is like in the summer but if I can only see one- I think I will see Don Q with Natalia and Ivan (it would be a dream to see them live!). Having said that I also want to see Spartacus with Ivan and Tsiskaridze in Giselle. Which one would you guys see?

#11 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:53 AM

It's so hard to choose which one to see! I don't know what my schedule is like in the summer but if I can only see one- I think I will see Don Q with Natalia and Ivan (it would be a dream to see them live!). Having said that I also want to see Spartacus with Ivan and Tsiskaridze in Giselle. Which one would you guys see?

Definitely Osipova and Vasiliev in Don Q if you've never seen them.

I'm going to other Bolshoi perfs. but won't be there for Corsaire and Don Q.
We chose dates so we can also see Mikhailovsky perfs., esp. Laurentia and the new Swan Lake production.

#12 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:46 PM

I saw Vasiliev do the lead in Spartacus last month in Washington, D.C. with the Bolshoi. He was incredible.

#13 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 06:50 AM

I saw Vasiliev do the lead in Spartacus last month in Washington, D.C. with the Bolshoi. He was incredible.

I just bought tickets for Vasiliev's Spartacus in London and some other perfs. by internet (through Hochauser's email for
priority ticket purchase good today, Mar 31, and tomorrow, April 1 only).

#14 Anna P

Anna P

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:16 AM

I just bought tickets for Vasiliev's Spartacus in London and some other perfs. by internet (through Hochauser's email for
priority ticket purchase good today, Mar 31, and tomorrow, April 1 only).

It's so annoying that you need to be a member to book the tickets...did u get a good seat for Spartacus with Ivan? Do u know whether there are any good seats left (stalls) for the performances, esp Don Q with Natalia and Ivan?

#15 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:05 AM

It's so annoying that you need to be a member to book the tickets...did u get a good seat for Spartacus with Ivan? Do u know whether there are any good seats left (stalls) for the performances, esp Don Q with Natalia and Ivan?

Anna, I checked the seating chart for Osipova/Vasiliev Don Q and there are Stalls seats in all rows (save for row A), both center aisle and sides.

I'm not an ROH member; I got the email from Hochhauser because I had bought tickets on line some years ago when the Bolshoi performed in London, thus I was on his mailing list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):