Ginny Kanter

Georgina Parkinson

9 posts in this topic

:clapping: What sad news, she was a really special person, I remember her well. I can picture her dancing the gypsy girl in Le deux Pigeons, wearing that black costume covered with gold symbols.

She had a wonderful sense of humour, and kept us in fits of laughter. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family.

Thanks to Mark Goldweber for this photo of Ms. Parkinson at a very young age.

post-2125-1261338269_thumb.jpg

ABT held a program at the Joyce Theater this afternoon to celebrate the life of Georgina Parkinson (referred to by speaker after by her nickname, George).

among the photos that were shown in the projected portions of the progam, was, if mem. serves, the one posted here, as provided by from Mark Goldweber.

the following scans show the invitation, and the printed program, front and back.

post-848-1269907736_thumb.jpg

post-848-1269907751_thumb.jpg

post-848-1269907763_thumb.jpg

I love that moment from Biches -- thanks so much for posting this here.

ABT held a program at the Joyce Theater this afternoon to celebrate the life of Georgina Parkinson (referred to by speaker after by her nickname, George).

among the photos that were shown in the projected portions of the progam, was, if mem. serves, the one posted here, as provided by from Mark Goldweber.

the following scans show the invitation, and the printed program, front and back.

Thank you for posting. The pictures brought tears to my eyes. Such fond memories.

From the program, it looks as if this was a lovely tribute. How nice that she was remembered and honored in such a loving manner.