Value of Esteban Frances pic for Balanchine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hyperdog

hyperdog

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:08 AM

My name is Ashley Jones and I'm the executor for Georgina Bates' (Diana Adam's daughter) estate. I have discovered among her effects, a ink and washing drawing by Esteban Frances of Beauty and the Beast that is inscribed to George Balanchine. I am trying to find out what sort of value it might have and have run into many dead ends. I thought that some of you might have an idea as to value or where I might find out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can post more info if you need it.

#2 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:27 AM

Have you tried one of the big auction houses or someone who does estates for insurance purposes?

#3 hyperdog

hyperdog

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

Have you tried one of the big auction houses or someone who does estates for insurance purposes?

I've sent pics to Christie's and Sotheby's but haven't heard anything back. I had an appraiser look at it (she's the one that told me about Frances), but she couldn't find enough info to give me a value. (I don't think she's very good, but we don't have a lot of appraisers here.)

#4 winnieido

winnieido

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Hello Ashley. I am doing a research about Esteban Frances’ set and costume designs for ballet which will be published as a book. I would be grateful if you contact me. Thank you.

#5 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Thank you, winnieido, and welcome to BalletAlert!

Hyperdog, since winnieido doesn't yet have messaging privileges (and if you're still following this forum), please use the CONTACT US link near the top right-hand side of the screen, and we'll forward to her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):