This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB Nutcracker 2009

It's that time again!

Magical Memories Nutcracker Video Contest

I don't recognize all the dancers in the video, but that's definitely Elana Altman having issues with the hole punch, Frances Chung tenduing at the typewriter, CEO Katito Waldo laying down the law (like any good ballerina), and Rubén Martín Cintas as the dashing assistant. Does anyone recognize the others?

It's a very fun video!!! I think the dancer taking you up to see the VP of Nutcracker Operations/Sugar Plum Fairy (Katita) and pushing the button with her beautifully turned out foot is Julianne Kepley. The Spanish dancer with Ruben and Katita looks like Dores Andre. Of course, I may be wrong.

I think the dancer taking you up to see the VP of Nutcracker Operations/Sugar Plum Fairy (Katita) and pushing the button with her beautifully turned out foot is Julianne Kepley ... Of course, I may be wrong.

I hope you are right about Kepley. She was badly injured in rehearsals for the New Works Festival a couple of seasons ago and hasn't danced since, so far as I know. Let's hope this means she's 'back in service' and we'll have a chance to see her during the upcoming season.

I think the dancer taking you up to see the VP of Nutcracker Operations/Sugar Plum Fairy (Katita) and pushing the button with her beautifully turned out foot is Julianne Kepley ... Of course, I may be wrong.

I hope you are right about Kepley. She was badly injured in rehearsals for the New Works Festival a couple of seasons ago and hasn't danced since, so far as I know. Let's hope this means she's 'back in service' and we'll have a chance to see her during the upcoming season.

Julianne did dance towards the end of last season. She danced in one of the performances of West Side Story Suite. I think she sang Somehwere in another. I went to 4 performances(!) of Program 6 - mainly because of Within the Golden Hour and WSSS. I remember being very happy to see her back in action. :)

There are even MORE videos that didn't get mentioned on the SFB site at all. I found 26 more SFB Nutcracker Video Contest entries on YouTube! A few of them really should have been rated higher than some of the chosen finalists (in my humble opinion). I'd be happy to provide the YouTube links (if it's "legal"), but need a little help as I'm a newbie. If it's ok and people would like to see them all, what is the best way to insert the links?