This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Swedish TV annual ballet evening

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

Well, it has been announced and not that I am rolling on the floor with joy, but this was a bit better than previous years. This great event will take place next Saturday.

Half an hour interview with Svetlana Zakharova - will get my DVD going

Netherlands Dans Theater - DVD will take a rest

Ballet Boyz at the Bolshoi - never seen them so naturally curious

New ballet by Mats Ek with Baryshnikov and Ana Laguna - only seen photos of it so it is possible DVD will snooze

"White nights" with Hines and Baryshnikov - seen that before. :(

#2 Dr. Coppelius

Dr. Coppelius

• PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

I just saw the interview with Svetlana Zakharova and it didn't change my opinion about her :unsure: , now time for a really talented dancer: Vyjanthimala in "Amrapali".

#3 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

Well, Dr. Coppelius - I gather that you werent too pleased with that evening of dance we were treated to so graciously by the Swedish State Television.

As I am no lover of Ek I did not like the pas de deux with Laguna and Baryshnikov - two OAPs doing a stint to make some cash, or what?

That Ballet Boyz stuff was interesting, but not being a fan of Wheeldon either I wasnt rolling on the floor. The outcome of the evening was that I had my DVD going, but in the end I doubt if I will burn any discs. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):