This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Bart's recommendation

Thanks, Bart, for the news of the book about "The Pearl: A True Tale of Forbidden Love in Catharine the Great's Russia".

When I was in St. Petersburg I saw in a museum two coffins with gold lids and they were the tombs of Sheremetev and his beloved and I can only assume that they contained the remains Kovalyova and himself. I will certainly order the book, read the reviews and they were not exactly rave, but never mind. I am very interested in the the Sheremetev as I remembered we had a descendant of that family at the theater in Gothenburg (and our teacher was a former princess Golitzyn). The wings of history...

Now a question: When I order books I usually do it thru Amazon UK, well, for me it is closer, cheaper, simpler. But in these cases, do BalletAlert benefit or must one order from the US?

We don't get commissions from amazon UK, but while we appreciate it anytime a BTer uses the search box at the top of this site or Ballet Talk for Dancers, if there's a cheaper, faster, better source, please use it, and that's almost always true for BTers outside the US.

:thumbsup: Just as a point of clarification,

...while we appreciate it anytime a BTer uses the search box at the top of this site or Ballet Talk for Dancers ...
Isn't this so not just for registered members, but everyone who uses the link on our pages?

Sorry for the digression.

:off topic: Just as a point of clarification,
...while we appreciate it anytime a BTer uses the search box at the top of this site or Ballet Talk for Dancers ...
Isn't this so not just for registered members, but everyone who uses the link on our pages?

Yes. It never occured to me that wasn't registered would use the box.