This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Maria Chugai

I hadn't seen this mentioned, so just thought I would write about it here:

The highly thought of Maryinsky coryphée, Maria Chugai has left Maryinsky ballet and is now dancing with Dutch National Ballet - she joined the Company this season, as a coryphée, presumably a bit late since she was still with the Mariinsky in London.

Masha won first prize in the 6th International Vaganova Grand prix, and joined the Maryinsky in 2006. Since then, she was attracting a lot of attention for her performances in coryphee, soloist roles and divertissements. She is certainly a really beautiful dancer, very musical, not at all the long legs/big extension type which the Maryingky management has favoured lately.

Certainly a good aquisition for Dutch National Ballet, and I'm sure Masha will be missed in St P! Good luck to her!

I hadn't seen this mentioned, so just thought I would write about it here:

The highly thought of Maryinsky coryphée, Maria Chugai has left Maryinsky ballet and is now dancing with Dutch National Ballet - she joined the Company this season, as a coryphée, presumably a bit late since she was still with the Mariinsky in London.

Masha won first prize in the 6th International Vaganova Grand prix, and joined the Maryinsky in 2006. Since then, she was attracting a lot of attention for her performances in coryphee, soloist roles and divertissements. She is certainly a really beautiful dancer, very musical, not at all the long legs/big extension type which the Maryingky management has favoured lately.

Certainly a good aquisition for Dutch National Ballet, and I'm sure Masha will be missed in St P! Good luck to her!

Congratulations to Maria Chugai for her bold career move! Obviously, she must have made some important contacts during the Amsterdam leg of the summer tour :unsure:. Good for her! She's a very promising dancer, very academic with wonderful Vaganova technique. Therefore, she's one of the throw backs to the 'good old days.' DNB was blessed to have acquired Larissa Lezhnina; and they are blessed to have acquired Masha!