This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT Met 2010 Info

Thanks Ambonnay - I've been wondering how Hallberg's debut at the Bolshoi was received. Have you heard any reports?

Hi, Barbara -- No, unfortunately. I've been searching the web, in English. Wonder if other members know how to search for his name in Russian and could consider reporting? :mad:

Hoven's got to step it up in the next two years, or risk languishing in the corps perpetually.

Agreed. His moment is now because there is a rising tide behind him of younger corps members who (I'm sure) would be more than willing to take the opportunities Hoven has been given and run with them.

Based on what I saw in Chicago, I don't see him as a soloist yet. He needs to work on his consistency and his stamina.

Thanks Ambonnay - I've been wondering how Hallberg's debut at the Bolshoi was received. Have you heard any reports?

Barbara:

From Hallberg's tweets:

"Bolshoi Giselle went well. Osipov's and I danced to our 'deaths'. Well, me, almost. Now in Sleeping Beauty land at the Mariinsky with Somova "

Then on Kirov debut with Somova:

"I have no words. The Mariinsky. What an unforgettable experience. What an unforgettable theatre."

A special offer from ABT:

AMERICAN BALLET THEATRE ANNOUNCES “KIDS GO FOR FREE,”

MEMORIAL DAY MATINEE, MONDAY, MAY 31, 2010

American Ballet Theatre announces its second Memorial Day “Kids Go For Free” matinee performance on Monday, May 31, 2010, 2:00 P.M. at the Metropolitan Opera House. For each full-price adult ticket purchased for the May 31 matinee performance, a child, ages 5-17, may attend for free.

American Ballet Theatre’s Memorial Day matinee features the full-length ballet Don Quixote, a comic adaptation of Cervantes’ novel, set to the music of Ludwig Minkus and staged by Kevin McKenzie and Susan Jones, with choreography after Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorsky.

Adult tickets for “Kids Go For Free,” priced $20-$125, may be purchased at the Met Box Office, located at 64th Street and Broadway, or by phone at 212.362.6000. This offer is not available online and is not valid on prior purchases. Limit 8 tickets per order (4 adults and 4 children). For more information, visit www.abt.org.

Don Quixote is generously supported through an endowed gift from Anka K. Palitz, in memory of Clarence Y. Palitz, Jr. CA, Inc. is a Sponsor of ABT’s Family Initiatives. The 2010 Metropolitan Opera House season is also made possible with funds from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Recovery Act, the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.

Maybe it wasn't working earlier, but I see the "click on a section to select your own seats" choice available now. Just make the selection of which level you want and go from there.

Thanks for this great information! This is the first I've heard of it (okay, so I've been living on a mountain top in Tibet). Using that function, I just got a single ticket in orchestra front and center for the Osipova-Hallberg R&J for July 10th. And we already have tickets for the Vishneva-Corella R&J for the evening. What a day that will be!

Not sure if it was on this thread, but sometime back someone commented that Misty Copeland had been removed from ABT's online casting calendar. Indeed she was replaced in her scheduled roles during the first week or so of the season but appeared as the 1st shade at the end of the Bayadere run. She noted on her facebook page that she is scheduled for the following roles:

May 29th, June 1st/2nd - Gypsy Girl in "Don Quixote". June 3rd - Flower Girl in "Don Quixote". June 9th & 11th - "The Brahms-Haydn Variations". ... June 16th & 19th - The Valor Fairy in "The Sleeping Beauty".

This info was posted on 5/18. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Misty...124918560854303