This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Amazon is now taking orders for a DVD titled Prima Ballerina, which, I believe, features Laurent Gentot's documentaries Uliana Lopatkina, l'ame de la danse and Svetlana Zakharova, la tsarine de la danse. The DVD is scheduled for release on December 8.

I'm a bit puzzled by the run time. The DVD is apparently 53 minutes long, and though I haven't seen either film, my impression is that collectively they should be longer than that. The First Run Features site has not yet posted any information about the DVD.

Amazon is now taking orders for a DVD titled Prima Ballerina, which, I believe, features Laurent Gentot's documentaries Uliana Lopatkina, l'ame de la danse and Svetlana Zakharova, la tsarine de la danse. The DVD is scheduled for release on December 8.

I'm a bit puzzled by the run time. The DVD is apparently 53 minutes long, and though I haven't seen either film, my impression is that collectively they should be longer than that. The First Run Features site has not yet posted any information about the DVD.

This DVD is already released in Japan and I have this.

It is indeed, Uliana Lopatkina, l'ame de la danse and Svetlana Zakharova, la tsarine de la danse.

Svetlana Zakharova Tsarine de la Danse 27 min

Swan Lake with Andrei Uvarov

Sleeping Beauty with Uvarov

Scheherazade with Ruzimatov

Middle Duet with Andrei Merkuriev

and very brief experts from Giselle, DonQ, La Bayadere and Dying Swan

Interview of Zakharova and Nikolai Tsiskaridze, coaching by Ludmila Semenyaka

Ulyana Lopatkina L'Ame de la Danse 27 min

Swan Lake with Jose Martinez, Danila Korsuntzev, Evgeny Ivanchenko

Rose Malade with Ilya Kuznetzov

Troi Gnossiennes with Ilya Kuznetzov

La Valse (Vaganova graduation performance)

Short experts from The Legend of Love and Diamonds

Interview of Lopatkina and Ivanchenko

Les films de Laurent Gentot

It is indeed a very good documentary and the footage are very beautiful but unfortunately very short so you might get stressed as

you can see the performances in this film are brilliant.