17 replies to this topic

#16 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for your progress report, Cannonade! Glad to hear it's all going well. :huh:

#17 ballet_n00b

ballet_n00b

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:29 AM

A rehearsal setting video of the movement or a still of the position - front and side views (and back might be nice too)

A performance video example of the same movement (with information about the performance)

This is exactly what I would like too; a comprehensive video library of the moves. I've found the fact that I speak French to be of little help when it comes to working out what the moves involve, e.g. Úpaulement - obviously something to do with the shoulders but beyond that I have no clue. The ABT one is pretty much what I would hope for, but comprehensive.

#18 ViolinConcerto

ViolinConcerto

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

Just FYI ---- not as convenient as an iPod/iPhone app, but all video all the time is THE VIDEO DICTIONARY OF CLASSICAL BALLET, which is 2 DVD's on KULTUR. It came out a while back (the 80's? 90's??) and features the young Merrill Ashley and Kevin MacKenzie as two of the dancers. It's 4.5 hours, but well indexed, and features a narration with very clear definitions.

I do, however, intend to download the very handy iPod version, so thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):