This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I'll be attending to this film series, whikch starts tomorrow, as part of the Ballet Festival. :clapping:

The Miami Hispanic Ballet & American Airlines

present “Dance on Camera”

as part of The International Ballet Festival of Miami

Artistic Director: Pedro Pablo Pena, program curated by Karen Couty

http://mbcinema.tix.com/Event.asp?Event=210317

Thursday, September 03, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Miami Beach Cinematheque

512 Espanola Way

Miami Beach

PROGRAMME:

Gaite Parisienne

(Victor Jessen, 1954, 38min.)

Choreographed by Leonide Massine, this film has exuberant performances by Alexandra Danilova, Frederic Franklin, Leon Danielian with the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo to the ballet composed by Jacques Offenbach.

Capriccio Espanol

(Jean Negulesco, 1941, 20min.)

Choreographed by Leonide Massine, Argentinita, with performances by Tamara Toumanova, Alexandra Danilova, Frederic Franklin, Andre Eglevsky, Leonida Massine with the Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo and music by Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov. This 1939 ballet of five divertissements was inspired by the rhythms of folk dances of Spain.

My Madness is My Love:

Impressions of Vaslav Nijinsky

(Joe Davidow, Finland, 2007, 59min.)

Choreographed by Jorma Elo, in residence with the Boston Ballet, the film is a process film showing a dance group working on a variation of a piece by Vaslav Nijinsky. While the Director/Choreographer of the Company reads 'The Diary of Nijinsky,' his mind drifts, and we find ourselves in the Insane Asylum where Nijinsky spent over 20 years.