This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT's Giselle in SoCal November 3 through 8

Please accept my apologies for coming so late to this conversation but I was very happy to have found it as I was at that Sunday matinee performance.  The reason I am commenting is that I was so moved by the performance that I still think about it.  It is almost 11 years later and the memories that stand out the most are Irina Dvorovenko as Giselle, Veronika Part as Myrtha, and the glorious corps in Act II.  Irina moved me to tears with her portrayal.  Never before had I seen the vulnerability and the "weak heart" of Giselle so clearly.  Her mad scene was fantastic.  it is no surprise that she is now an actress.  Veronika was a force to be reckoned with while being velvety smooth.  The wilds were fantastic!

On 2/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, ECat said:

Please accept my apologies for coming so late to this conversation but I was very happy to have found it as I was at that Sunday matinee performance.  The reason I am commenting is that I was so moved by the performance that I still think about it.  It is almost 11 years later and the memories that stand out the most are Irina Dvorovenko as Giselle, Veronika Part as Myrtha, and the glorious corps in Act II.  Irina moved me to tears with her portrayal.  Never before had I seen the vulnerability and the "weak heart" of Giselle so clearly.  Her mad scene was fantastic.  it is no surprise that she is now an actress.  Veronika was a force to be reckoned with while being velvety smooth.  The wilds were fantastic!

ECat,  I was just thinking about that particular Giselle yesterday.  I took my Mom to that performance, in which Dvorovenko gave one of the the most moving and unforgettable performances of Giselle I have seen.  Her dancing was sublime in both acts and her mad scene extraordinary.   I ran into friends after the show and we were all beside ourselves.  

On 2/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Josette said:

ECat,  I was just thinking about that particular Giselle yesterday.  I took my Mom to that performance, in which Dvorovenko gave one of the the most moving and unforgettable performances of Giselle I have seen.  Her dancing was sublime in both acts and her mad scene extraordinary.   I ran into friends after the show and we were all beside ourselves.  

Josette thank you so much for your thoughts in this performance.  I am glad that we both were so moved by it.  It was a truly magical performance!