This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Venus Villa

leonid17

Following Christian’s response to the video link I posted on the ENB thread, I thought he and everyone might like to see more of Venus Villa who arrived at her present company after a short period with another English ballet company.

Miss Villa was given the role of Alice in Derek Deane's "Alice in Wonderland" which I witnessed and I felt that here was a developing dancer to watch.

In the following video you can see her in a rehearsal of "Muñecos" by Alberto Mendez her partner is the Chinese Cuban Yat-Seng Chan Principal Dancer with ENB.

Miss Villa looks beautiful. Thanks, Leonid, for opening this thread. The choreography she's rehearsing here, Alberto Mendez' "Muñecos"-("Dolls")-is one of those works that roots deep inside the Cuban balletomanes hearts, for which it shows the classic Cuban tale of La Muñeca de Trapo y El Soldadito de Plomo-(The Rag Doll and The Little Tin Soldier)-and was also the vehicle for which Miss Caridad Martinez-(recently in my "I couldn't dance Giselle because I'm black" post)-and Mr. Fernandito Johnes-(RIP)-got to be specially loved in Havana. I'm happy she's reviving this ballet, and I wish her the best in her future.