This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Are 32 fouettes performed re: Imperial Russian Ballet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 sunday

sunday

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I saw three performances of SL by the IRB past July in Barcelona -the first time I've seen ballet live in my life- and they did conform to Petipa's choreography, so the 32 fouetés are to be expected.

I didn't count the actual number of turns, however.

#17 pasmaroo

pasmaroo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

I saw three performances of SL by the IRB past July in Barcelona -the first time I've seen ballet live in my life- and they did conform to Petipa's choreography, so the 32 fouetés are to be expected.

I didn't count the actual number of turns, however.

Thanks Sunday and the first time I saw this routine I became mesmerized by it.

#18 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,269 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

I still do...after many Swans and Lakes...

#19 pasmaroo

pasmaroo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

G'day,

Well, I did eventually see the Imperial Russian Ballet’s performance of Swan Lake this past weekend and the two Jester’s were such a treat.

Of course, my question that prompted this thread was indeed answered. Anastasia Homitskaya had performed the series of fouettes. After I counted 28 the audience began to cheer and applaud, that’s when I lost count but do believe she did achieve 32.

The Black Swan PDD became a memorable moment; in fact it is the whole Act this is in that stands out for me.

It was a group of six of us that travelled Interstate to see it and make a weekend of it over 1,000 kilometres from home. All had such a great time at the ballet and particularly in one of Australia’s grandest theatres located in Sydney, The State Theatre.

I wonder if others from this forum have attended any of the Imperial Russian Ballet’s performances while they are touring here in Australia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):