This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Are 32 fouettes performed re: Imperial Russian Ballet

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 sunday

sunday

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:44 PM

I saw three performances of SL by the IRB past July in Barcelona -the first time I've seen ballet live in my life- and they did conform to Petipa's choreography, so the 32 fouetés are to be expected.

I didn't count the actual number of turns, however.

#17 pasmaroo

pasmaroo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

I saw three performances of SL by the IRB past July in Barcelona -the first time I've seen ballet live in my life- and they did conform to Petipa's choreography, so the 32 fouetés are to be expected.

I didn't count the actual number of turns, however.

Thanks Sunday and the first time I saw this routine I became mesmerized by it.

#18 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,397 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

I still do...after many Swans and Lakes...

#19 pasmaroo

pasmaroo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:46 AM

G'day,

Well, I did eventually see the Imperial Russian Ballet’s performance of Swan Lake this past weekend and the two Jester’s were such a treat.

Of course, my question that prompted this thread was indeed answered. Anastasia Homitskaya had performed the series of fouettes. After I counted 28 the audience began to cheer and applaud, that’s when I lost count but do believe she did achieve 32.

The Black Swan PDD became a memorable moment; in fact it is the whole Act this is in that stands out for me.

It was a group of six of us that travelled Interstate to see it and make a weekend of it over 1,000 kilometres from home. All had such a great time at the ballet and particularly in one of Australia’s grandest theatres located in Sydney, The State Theatre.

I wonder if others from this forum have attended any of the Imperial Russian Ballet’s performances while they are touring here in Australia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):