This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Rules on how to behave in the theatre

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#211 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,700 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Patti LuPone is mad as hell and she isn't going to take it any more:

Q. So what happened Wednesday night?

A. This woman — a very pretty young woman — was sitting with her boyfriend or husband. We could see her text. She was so uninterested. She showed her husband what she was texting. We talked about it at intermission. When we went out for the second act I was very close to her, and she was still texting. I watched her and thought, “What am I going to do?” At the very end of that scene, we all exit. What I normally do is shake the hand of the people in the front row. I just walked over to her, shook her hand and took her phone. I walked offstage and handed it to the stage manager, who gave it to the house manager.

Related.

Silvestri's group headed to the Booth Theatre, and they were seated in the orchestra section.

That's when he saw the outlet on Beowulf Boritt's church basement set."I saw the outlet and ran for it," he said. "That was the only outlet I saw, so I thought, 'Why not?' I was thinking that they were probably going to plug something in there on the set, and I figured it wouldn't be a big deal if my phone was up there too."

#212 sandik

sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

This just seems to get stranger and stranger.  I heard the Lupone interview, and almost cheered at her response.  But it's the part where the guy figured he could leave his phone on stage to charge during the show (?) and that wouldn't be "a big deal."  Can you imagine what he might have said if, in the course of the play, there was supposed to be a power surge and the phone blew up?

#213 kfw

kfw

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

Lupone's response was great, but what in the world are "breaches of audience conduct" "for" things that sound like the breaches breakdowns of proper conduct referred to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):