This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Summer 2009 DanceView

The 47-page summer 2009 issue of DanceView is out. George Jackson's Ballet Russe After Diaghilev is a reprint of a talk he gave at Harvard University's symposium on the Diaghilev's Ballet Russes this past spring.

Marc Haegeman's Munich's Annual Ballet Week is about Bavarian State Ballet in Munich, May 5-7.

Michael Popkin's review of NYCB's spring season, Back to the Balanchine Brand, is subtitled "A new generation of dancers is rising at the New York City Ballet."

Carol Pardo's The Annual School Performance, Repertory and a Farewell is on Paris Opera Ballet this past April.

Denise Sum's New Works in Toronto is on National Ballet of Canada's 2008-2009 season.

Jane Simpson reports from London on Northern Ballet Theatre, Birmingham Royal Ballet, English National Ballet and The Royal Ballet.

Rita Felciano reports from San Francisco on Janice Garrett and Dancers, Stephen Pelton Dance Company, Scott Wells and DAncers, Im'ijre, Choiin Theatre, and Sasha Waltz and Guest.

DanceView is the print big sister of danceviewtimes, and both are published by Ballet Talk founder and site owner, Alexandra Tomalonis. Subscribe and support this site. :o

I just received my copy yesterday and read it cover to cover.

Besides all the great reviews, it's always interesting to read about so many ballet companies (many of which I've never seen, but get to know a bit through the reviews).

Plus I always find that I learn things (things I thought I already knew, but didn't!) in each issue.

A great read!