This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Morphoses at Vail International Dance Festival August 2009

susanger

In case you're not following Morphoses or the Vail Int'l Dance Festival on Facebook, here is a link to Morphoses rehearsal photos by Kyle Froman (!) on the Vail Valley Foundation blog. Several NYC Ballet dancers are performing: Wendy Whelan, Adrian Danchig-Waring, Tiler Peck, Joaquin De Luz, Craig Hall, and Tyler Angle; there are a few others I can't identify in the photos.

In case you're not following Morphoses or the Vail Int'l Dance Festival on Facebook, here is a link to Morphoses rehearsal photos by Kyle Froman (!) on the Vail Valley Foundation blog. Several NYC Ballet dancers are performing: Wendy Whelan, Adrian Danchig-Waring, Tiler Peck, Joaquin De Luz, Craig Hall, and Tyler Angle; there are a few others I can't identify in the photos.

Joaquin De Luz is actually not performing with Morphoses but

Gonzalo Garcia, Maria Kowrowski, and Jason Fowler -- as well as those mentioned above -- are part of the company. Former NYCB dancer Edwaard Liang is also with Morphoses.

Morphoses will also be performing at Summerstage in Central Park (free too!) on 8/14 and 8/15. I'll miss it (will be in London), but if you haven't seen Edward Watson (such a wonderful dancer) of the Royal Ballet -- who also performs with Morphoses -- do try to get to one of these performances. A new ballet called "Whither Shall I Wander" was made on Edward and Wendy Whelan

and will debut in Central Park (I can't believe I'm going to miss this!). From the very short preview clip that I saw it looks wonderful (I'll try to find the link and post if I do find it).

And speaking of Wendy -- was anyone in Vail last night for Wendy's tribute (mentioned in the NYT on Sunday)? I'm hoping that there was press there too.