This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Colorado Ballet Announces 2009-10 Roster

From the company (names bolded by me):

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

COLORADO BALLET RE-SIGNS ARTISTIC DIRECTOR TO

FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT

Company continues to move forward attracting accomplished international dancers and spirited young talent

DENVER-July 31, 2009-The Colorado Ballet Board of Trustees is pleased to announce the renewing of Artistic Director Gil Boggs' contract. Boggs, who joined the organization in 2006, has signed on for another five years.

"We have been extremely pleased with the artistic product Boggs has produced with the Company," said Board Chair Denise Sanderson. "We look forward to another five years of continued artistic excellence, inspiration and the sheer joy of dance that Boggs brings to the Company and the audience."

Boggs is excited to sign on for another five years, noting that he and wife Sandra Brown, a ballet mistress for the Company, have come to consider Colorado and the organization home. Boggs said the decision to remain at Colorado Ballet was easy due to the amount of support and encouragement he and his family have received since making the move here from New York.

"The support has been amazing and I look forward to being a part of this organization and this community for years to come," Boggs said. Boggs added that another major factor in his decision to stay with the organization is the artistic staff. "None of the Ballet's success would be possible with out Ballet Mistresses Brown and Lorita Travaglia and through the artistic staff's work, I see great stability."

Along with signing his contract, Boggs has also completed filling dancer contracts for the 2009-2010 season. The new roster includes three new dancers and several promotions from Colorado Ballet's Studio Company.

Dmitry Trubchanov of Cincinnati Ballet will join Colorado Ballet at the soloist level. Trubchanov, a graduate the Academy of Russian Ballet and former dancer with the Kirov Ballet, danced with Colorado Ballet from 1998 to 1999. Trubchanov returns to Colorado Ballet this season as a solid dancer and seasoned veteran of the stage. Adam Still of Milwaukee Ballet and Johnstuart Winchell of Ballet Austin will both join Colorado Ballet's corps de ballet. Olga Prikhodtseva, Rylan Schwab, Daniel Smith, Sally Turkel and Evelyn Turner, all of Colorado Ballet's Studio Company, will also join the Company's corps de ballet.

"Colorado Ballet is home to phenomenal artists and I know the company will continue to present a fantastic product," Boggs said, who noted that he was especially excited about the promotion of five dancers from Colorado Ballet's Studio Company. "I consider our second company to be a training ground for the professional company," said Boggs. "Over the last one to two years these five dancers have proven themselves to be exceptional and we are thrilled to have them as part of our corps de ballet."

About Colorado Ballet:

Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs, Colorado Ballet's dancers come from all parts of the world. Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a not-for profit organization presenting superior quality classical ballet and innovative dance through performances, training and education programs that enhance the cultural life of the community. The 2009-2010 season opens Sept. 11 at the Newman Center for the Performing Arts. Season subscriptions and single tickets are available now. Call 303-837-8888 or visit www.ColoradoBallet.org.

# # #