This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cats in Charge

A cat is now in charge at the White House. Article and several photos. Very pretty girl. I hope somebody is minding those gold curtains:

"Willow made quite an impression on Dr. Biden in 2020 when she jumped up on the stage and interrupted her remarks during a campaign stop. Seeing their immediate bond, the owner of the farm knew that Willow belonged with Dr. Biden," Michael LaRosa, the first lady's spokesman, said in a news release.

A Penguin Books list of the top ten cats in literature.

9. Mimi from Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami

As a young child, Nakata experiences a sudden blackout that leaves him with amnesia — a loss so complete that it erases his ability to read. While his memory may be gone, he does discover an unexpected new ability: he can now communicate with cats.

Score another for the tribe of the tiger:

“In a pilot research study, my colleagues and I completed on Emotional Support Animals [ESAs], participants with dogs and participants with cats both experienced a statistically significant decrease in depression after living with their respective ESAs.”

However, Dr. Hoy-Gerlach pointed out that people with cats experienced a greater decrease in their depression scores.

Related.

In the 2021 fall semester, Erin teamed up with her high school pal and roommate, Megan, and the animal-loving duo founded the aptly-named Instagram account. They had noticed that FSU’s other “cat accounts” had gone dormant and saw @FSUcampuscats as an avenue to document and share photos of the campus cats – such as Papaya and Coconut – that they loved seeing on their walk to class.

A profile of the late Karl Lagerfeld's beloved Choupette.

“She was his baby,” said Françoise Caçote, Choupette’s caretaker. A former housekeeper for Mr. Lagerfeld, Ms. Caçote, 50, has been Choupette’s nanny since 2012 and inherited the cat permanently after her boss passed away. “He would say, ‘In my life, my priority is Choupette, and then everything else.’ ”

Mr. Lagerfeld often talked about how much he adored Choupette, and treated her to multicourse meals on Goyard dishes and supplied her with two maids. She has her own agent, coffee-table books, a skin-care collaboration and social-media followers spanning the globe.