20 replies to this topic

#16 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

I just noticed that the choreographer Val Caniparoli is listed among the Principal Character Dancers. What kind of roles does he perform? Has he ever worked in his own pieces?

#17 sf_herminator

sf_herminator

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

I just noticed that the choreographer Val Caniparoli is listed among the Principal Character Dancers. What kind of roles does he perform? Has he ever worked in his own pieces?

Val has danced character roles in the full-length ballets (R & J, Giselle, Nutcracker). Last season (2008) he danced (with Katita Waldo) the High Society couple in Filling Station. Of his pieces that I have seen (Lambarena, Connotations, Ibsen's House), he has not performed in them.

#18 sf_herminator

sf_herminator

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

Another change (I just noticed and don't think has been mentioned) to the roster http://www.sfballet....ny/dancers.asp: The following dancers, previously announced as apprentices, are now listed in the Corps de Ballet: Madison Keesler, Kristina Lind, and Steven Morse.

Looking forward to the Stern Grove performance. No announcement yet on the program.

#19 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,004 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:32 AM

Thanks to this link from cubanmiamiboy in the Jordan Elizabeth Long thread, Aubert Vanderlinden is now a corps member at Het Nationale Ballet, another impressive dancer on the list of new company members:

http://www.het-natio...p...sm=&lang=uk

He caught my attention simply by the way he stood in Act III of "Swan Lake".

#20 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:43 AM

To answer a question from some time ago, Adeline Kaiser has recently joined the corps de ballet of English National Ballet - it will be interesting to see what opportunities Wayne Eagling will give her!

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,004 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

Thanks to this link from cubanmiamiboy in the Jordan Elizabeth Long thread, Aubert Vanderlinden is now a corps member at Het Nationale Ballet, another impressive dancer on the list of new company members:

From Lilac Fairy's post on Jordan Elizabeth Long, according to the Dutch National Ballet website, Vanderlinden is leaving the Company for "(new career)". Best of luck to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):