This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Happy to learn

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ambonnay

Ambonnay

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

Hi, I live in New York and have watched ballet for a few years. :lol:

I found this board last year, and have been reading since.

I watch mostly the ABT, and prefer attending performances featuring David Hallberg when work and personal obligations permit. :lol: I travel quite a bit for work, so unfortunately I am unable to attend certain performances I would like to. In those cases, I am particularly grateful for reports posted by others on the board.

I don't know much about ballet, although I am trying to change that. :lol:

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

Glad you decided to join us!

I hope that, as work and personal obligations permit, you join in the discussions of performances you've attended.

Hallberg is certainly a major talent who has attracted a devoted following. For me, it's been so gratifying watching his growth over the years, and I especially enjoyed his James, which I saw this afternoon and about which I'll have more to say within the next day or so. Were you lucky enough to see that?*

Welcome to BalletTalk, Ambonnay! :lol:

Editing to add:
*I see here that you were. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):