This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Name that move!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tanzmaus

tanzmaus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Hello!

If anyone can help me, you guys can. I have been challenged to find the French name for the following ballet pose. Any ideas?

Sory for the link, but the picture would't show...

Thanks!

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Écarté. You'll find a description as well as a small, low-res photo of the pose ŕ terre (to the ground) -->here.

Welcome to BalletTalk tanzmaus. To economize on bandwidth, photo posting posting privileges are strictly limited. But a picture's worth a thousand words, as they say, so I hope you'll engage in our discussions.

#3 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

In the pic to which tanzmaus linked, the body is in écarté devant, but the head is not quite right--perhaps it was choreographed that way. Normally in écarté devant the head would be turned toward the raised arm.

#4 Paul Parish

Paul Parish

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hans is assuming that the photograph was taken from the front -- but perhaps a) the picture was taken from the side and b) the front of the studio is 90 degrees round, in which case her leg would be pointing towards the back corner and her head would be in hte right place for ecarte derriere.

#5 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

That could indeed be the case. :helpsmilie:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):