This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from New Member

Wedgewes

Greeting from KY, USA. I am new to the world of ballet. I have always loved classical music and had quite a few pieces from ballet works but had never given much thought to watching a ballet. I was first introduced thanks to an episode of Angel "Waiting in the Wings" I ended up buying dvds of Giselle (Cojocaru/Kobborg), Sylvia (Bussell/Bolle), & La Sylphide (Dupont/Ganio) and was immediately hooked and now my collection is at 27 and growing as fast as my wallet can replenish. I found this board while researching what dvds to buy and was ecstatic to find so much info archived here.

List of Favorites so far.

DVD - Sylvia

Ballet - Giselle (love the story and already have 5 versions)

Female - Darcey Bussell

Male - Irek Mukhamedov

I expect my mind will change on the dancers frequently as I have not seen many of the favorites on here dance yet. Anyway sorry for the long intro and I look forward to conversing with all of you.

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Wedgewes; we're very glad to meet you. And welcome to the wonderful world of ballet. You have started by watching some of the best ballets and best dancers in the world! There is a lot more out there for you, and you'll find lots of information on the board. Glad we've been able to assist you so far.

Giannina

I also want to welcome you, Wedgewes. One of the best things I did when I joined BT was to get accustomed to the "Search" capability. If something interests you or makes you curious, you're almost guaranteed to find that other Ballet Talkers have felt the same. Getting a background is a wonderful way to participate in current discussions. (5 versions of Giselle is a GREAT start. You're definitely in the right place. :wink: )