This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

31st May symposium on "Serenade" 12:00 PM at Sharp Theatre

From an e-mail I received late yesterday from the School of American Ballet:

Dear SAB Friend,

Happy Spring from SAB!

With the 2009 Workshop Performances now just one week away, I wanted to let you know about a special public program that has been added to next weekend’s calendar as part of SAB’s on-going 75th anniversary celebration.

On Sunday, May 31 at 12:00 noon, SAB will host a special symposium focused on Serenade – George Balanchine’s first ballet created in America, and a work that also marks its 75th anniversary this year! Moderated by Dance Magazine Editor-in-Chief Wendy Perron, SAB and Serenade at 75 will feature a panel discussion by alumni who performed the work as SAB students, along with historic film footage of Serenade from past Workshops.

SAB and Serenade at 75 will take place at the Peter Jay Sharp Theater (155 West 65th Street) and admission is FREE, on a first-come, first-seated basis. We hope you will join us for a unique look at the living heritage of one of Balanchine’s masterworks.

That's all the details I have now.

Further details have emerged: The panel discussion will include Lourdes Lopez (1974 Workshop), Wendy Whelan and Brian Reeder (1984), Maria Kowroski (1994), and Tyler Peck (2004). Theatre doors will open at 11:30 a.m.