This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Lifar's "Suite en Blanc" clips

the only perfs. within recent recall of SUITE EN BLANC in the US, besides those by POB on tour were some on even earlier tours by the Australian Ballet - i know of no US co. with this work in rep.

There's a Newsday article from a 1988 visit Tulsa Ballet made to New York, saying the company was reviving Suite en Blanc:

"We have a gorgeous theater we can do anything in, a wonderful symphony orchestra. We have unbelievable support from our community, city and state. We have a repertory of over 65 ballets," said Moscelyne Larkin, who with her husband Roman Jasinski, founded and directs the company.

"Already in our first performance of the season we did 'Les Sylphides,' 'Night Shadow' and 'Graduation Ball.' This weekend we're giving my husband's 'Concerto in D,' 'Mozart Violin Concerto' and reviving Serge Lifar's 'Suite En Blanc.' As soon as we come back to New York, we start touring 'Nutcracker.' We go all the way up to Nebraska with it."

the only perfs. within recent recall of SUITE EN BLANC in the US, besides those by POB on tour were some on even earlier tours by the Australian Ballet - i know of no US co. with this work in rep.

It looks like Houston Ballet staged it in 2005...maybe they dropped it already... :(

http://www.houstonballet.org/content/relea...weekly_2005.pdf

(scroll down to page 3)

You may also want to add Agnès Letestu dancing "La Cigarette"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko2MEjQzVTs

Thanks volcanohunter! I added her on the topic title. :wink:

:crying: It seems that a lot of ballet clips have once agin been removed from YouTube. Seems that this is due to miss use. I really cannot see the harm in people watching them, it surely encourages those interested in going out and buying the DVD if they are commercially available. If they are privately filmed and put on the net, is it a case of "The Powers that be" at work again? Or YOUTUBE themselves.

It's really sad that SeejayLurtzmann's account is suspended. I owe him many thanks for his marvellous collection of movies of the Paris Opéra Ballet, as without him I wouldn't know anything about POB's étoiles or even be raving so madly about Agnès Letestu.