This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB Stern Grove 2009

Subscribers received the following e-mail today. I can't find anything on the website for a link, so I hope it's OK to post this quote.

Dear San Francisco Ballet Patron,

On behalf of the Company and staff, thank you for joining us this season. More than ever, your support of San Francisco Ballet is deeply appreciated, and we hope your experience at the Opera House added joy to your life in the way that only live dance can.

Although our next performance in the Opera House won't be until December, the Company will give a free performance at Stern Grove on August 16, 2009. We also invite you to keep in touch with SF Ballet through our monthly E-news, Facebook page, YouTube channel, Twitter, or blog, Open Studio 455. Thank you again for your support!

Casting has been released:

http://www.sfballet.org/performancestickets/casting.asp

ON A THEME OF PAGANINI

Conductor: Martin West

Piano: Roy Bogas

Frances Chung, Pascal Molat, Taras Domitro

Maria Kochetkova, Davit Karapetyan

INTERMISSION

SWAN LAKE, ACT II

Violin: Franklyn D’Antonio

Cello: Miriam Perkoff

Odette: Yuan Yuan Tan

Prince Siegfried: Tiit Helimets

Von Rothbart: Anthony Spaulding

INTERMISSION

STRAVINSKY VIOLIN CONCERTO

Violin: Franklyn D'Antonio

Aria I: Sarah Van Patten, Pierre-François Vilanoba

Aria II: Vanessa Zahorian, Ruben Martin

Casting has been released:

ON A THEME OF PAGANINI

Piano: Roy Bogas

Frances Chung, Pascal Molat, Taras Domitro

Maria Kochetkova, Davit Karapetyan

SL and SVT speak for themselves but if the listed cast holds, 'On a Theme of Paganini' is definitely on the 'don't miss' list. The ballet itself is pleasant enough without being anything special, but I've seen Chung and Kochetkova in this and they are worth the schlepp down to Stern Grove. Chung could light up a dungeon with her smile (don't worry, she can dance too :)) , and Kochetkova's role shows off all her best qualities: intricate, airy, lacy footwork. The ballet is really about the women, but these men should be terrific too.

Looks like a fun afternoon.