This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

La Tragedie de Salome (1907)

I recently came across a mention of La Tragedie of Salome composed by Florent Schmitt in 1907 for Loie Fuller. I understand Sergei Diaghilev had Boris Romanov choreograph it for Tamara Karsavina and she performed it on a number of occasions. Has it ever been performed since?

Many thanks!

I recently came across a mention of La Tragedie of Salome composed by Florent Schmitt in 1907 for Loie Fuller. I understand Sergei Diaghilev had Boris Romanov choreograph it for Tamara Karsavina and she performed it on a number of occasions. Has it ever been performed since?

Many thanks!

I cannot recall other productions of this ballet other than those mention. The ballet was originally performed in 1907 by Loie Fuller. Schmitt revised the score for Natasha Trouhanova in 1912 which was choreographed by Nicholas Guerra. In 1913 the Diaghilev’s company staged a version with the choreography by Boris Romanov starring Tamara Karsarvina. There was a Later production by Serge Lifar.

Many thanks!

I cannot recall other productions of this ballet other than those mention. The ballet was originally performed in 1907 by Loie Fuller. Schmitt revised the score for Natasha Trouhanova in 1912 which was choreographed by Nicholas Guerra. In 1913 the Diaghilev’s company staged a version with the choreography by Boris Romanov starring Tamara Karsarvina. There was a Later production by Serge Lifar.

Thank you for the information!

Many thanks!

Thank you for the information!