This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

At the Vaganova school

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

This is a brief report from French television about the pupils, or as they put it, the "petits rats," of the Vaganova school.

#2 rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,492 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

interesting, the clips concentrate on young men's classes; can anyone familiar with Paris tradition confirm that 'petit rat' is used for male as well as female pupils?
i assumed it was coined for female pupils and remained a 'term' for these pupils. but maybe it came to mean all pupils, male, as well as female as time marched on...

#3 Azulynn

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:05 PM

Yes, rg, "petit rats" means both male and female pupils - there is no difference. I don't know if it has changed over the years though.

#4 Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

I am surprised at the relative laxity of the dress code...even KAB is more strict.

#5 Joseph

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 01:19 AM

When I click it does not work - anyone else having this problem?!

#6 vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:12 AM

No Joseph, it worked for me. :wink:

#7 bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 03:39 AM

Beautiful! Thanks, volcanohunter. How great to see really top-level camera work and intellligence devoted to a topic which might be considered rather abstruse for the majority of viewers... even in a country as cultured as France. The videography was almost as good as in the preceding 30-second mascara commercial. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):