This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tina LeBlanc's Farewell Performance

Here's a link to the Program

Tchaikovsky Pas de Deux

Composer: Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Choreographer: George Balanchine

TINA LeBLANC and GONZALO GARCIA*

"My Funny Valentine" (from ...smile with my heart)

Composer: Marvin Laird after Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart

Choreographer: Lar Lubovitch

TINA LeBLANC and GRIFF BRAUN**

INTERMISSION

Pas de deux from Sonata

Composer: Sergei Rachmaninov

Choreographer: Helgi Tomasson

TINA LeBLANC and RUBEN MARTIN

Pas de deux and finale from Theme & Variations

Composer: Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Choreographer: George Balanchine

TINA LeBLANC and DAVIT KARAPETYAN

with Artists of the Company

* Guest artist - appears courtesy of New York City Ballet - Peter Martins, Ballet Master In Chief

** Guest artist

I have seen her several times this season and she will be missed. She is still so vibrant and strong. Amazing to watch. Its hard to believe she is 42 years old. She certainly dances like a much younger woman, its amazing. Wish I could see the program.

I will really miss seeing Tina LeBlanc, I have read that she loves to teach so hopefully she will pass on her wisdom to future generations of dancers, I just wish it did not have to end. Its coming up so quickly.

What a great night. Everything perfectly done. It seems to me, to use a sports term, that Tina 'took one for the team.' She can still do all the steps and still has all the 'voody-voody' to be a principal dancer. I'd love to see her dance next year. I'm thinking she retired to help SF Ballet bring along the next generation - Frances Chung, Elana Altman and others who are Principal bound. There are so few roles and so few chances that if principal dancers don't retire, the up and coming won't get the chances they need. If Brett Favre had as much class...

It was a great night and Tina looked wonderful in all the ballets, especially the Tchaikovsky pdd: stunning.

And I loved the Lubovitch piece. It's good to see women dancers out of pointe shoes sometimes: you can get past the balances and turns and just concentrate on the beauty of their movement. Yes, Tina can do the technical stuff, no problem, but what a beautiful dancer she is.

Many thanks for all the pleasure she has given in the past, and best of luck to her in the future. :dry::):flowers: