16 replies to this topic

#16 Brioche

Brioche

Inactive Member

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:46 PM

And then thereís Jennifer Stahl. Last Saturday, when Rubies was substituted for Russian Seasons in Program 8, Stahl made her Tall Girl debut.

Well, I donít know what happened since last Saturday, but this Saturday she was sensational.

It ain't rocket science really. Generally the first time out you just want to get through it alive. And with the last minute substitution of Rubies for the Ratmanksy, the pressure may have even been greater.

We all know that given time and experience a dancers performance can get better. :D

#17 Globetrotter

Globetrotter

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Today I was able to find a way into the LAST performance of Jewels. I thought Emeralds was great, Rubies was OK, and Diamonds terrific. A beautiful sunny and warm Sunday afternoon in San Francisco and I can't think of a better way to send in the Summer. I can't believe we won't see these dancers until Stern Grove (are they still doing Stern Grove?). Oh well.

I've been thinking about how spoiled we are here. These dancers are some of the best in the world. We sometimes complain (I'm guilty) of slightly off corps, or a bit of funky partnering or a wobbly solo. But it is the end of the season when I remember things I saw this year that were unbelievable. It is these moments I live to see, and there have been plenty. Too bad there's no 'Saratoga' for SFB. I'd be there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):