This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Veronika Part promoted to principal dancer

The official release:

VERONIKA PART PROMOTED TO PRINCIPAL DANCER

Veronika Part has been promoted to Principal Dancer with American Ballet Theatre, effective May 18, 2009, it was announced today by Artistic Director Kevin McKenzie.

Born in St. Petersburg, Russia, Part began her early training in artistic gymnastics before entering the Vaganova Ballet Academy in 1988. After graduating, she joined the Kirov Ballet in 1996 and was promoted to soloist in 1998. Part won the BALTIKA Prize in 1999.

Part joined American Ballet Theatre as a Soloist in August 2002. Her repertory with the Company includes Terpsichore in Apollo, Nikiya in La Bayadère, an Odalisque in Le Corsaire, Mercedes and the Queen of the Driads in Don Quixote, Myrta in Giselle, An Episode in His Past in Jardin aux Lilas, the Sugar Plum Fairy and the Snow Queen in The Nutcracker, the Eldest Sister in Pillar of Fire, Lady Capulet in Romeo and Juliet, Princess Aurora and the Lilac Fairy in The Sleeping Beauty, Odette-Odile in Swan Lake and leading roles in Ballet Imperial, The Leaves Are Fading, Mozartiana, Les Sylphides and Symphonie Concertante. In 2005, she created a leading role in Peter Quanz’ Kaleidoscope. Part will debut in the title role in La Sylphide during ABT’s 2009 Spring Season at the Metropolitan Opera House.

Tickets for American Ballet Theatre’s 2009 Metropolitan Opera House season, May 18-July 11, are priced $19-$130 and are available online, at the Met box office or by phone at 212-362-6000. For more information, visit ABT’s website at www.abt.org <http://www.abt.org> .

I just fell off my chair. Woweeee!!!!!

How exciting! It seems like she really made a good impression in London (she seemed to be the only female dancer to get good reviews from the London critics). Good luck to her! I hope this means we get a new soloist!!

I am so so happy to read this, she deserved it so much !!!

CONGRATULATIONS VERONIKA !

Still in shock here, is it for real ? :)

what a wonderful susprise for the start of the seasson. I am speechless !!!!

It not only means that w'll keep these jewel but also that w'll see her (hopefully) debuting in some new and exciting roles. I am sure that after such a painful process, from now on Veronika will dance better than ever !!

I hope that those terribly sad days were you had to see her going from dancing the swan Queen to dance one of the two swans the following night are gone !!!

I also hope ratmansky help to put her at the level of stardom that she trully deserves.

Congratulations again Veronika, you proved yourself to be strong enough to keep fighting and you finally got it !

The official release:

VERONIKA PART PROMOTED TO PRINCIPAL DANCER

I have admired Veronika Part since she was a member of the Kirov Ballet and I join all admirers in congratulating Miss Part's elevation to Principal.

In the recent ABT season in London her performances as Odette/Odile were overwhelmingy admired by critics and connoisseurs alike and I would say many thought that Miss Part was superior

to other principles in this role by a margin of some distance.

There is no doubt she has stayed an artist determined to serve and achieve and I am sure there has been some disappointment for both Miss Part and her admirers. If Miss Part can achieve the same level of

technique and expression that she rose to in London, I am sure the ABT management and her home audience have a lot to look forward to.

Congratulations Ms Part! Well deserved for Veronika and a smart move by ABT. This will certainly cause a lot of excitement and make not only her fans happy, but all those who have yet to experience this talented dancer in leading roles.

While previous posters have congratulated Ms. Part, whose consistently high level of artistry has long, long ago earned her principal status, I will congratulate ABT for finally clearing the fog from its eyes and recognizing the treasure within its midst.

Congrats and heartfelt thanks to ABT for waking up.

Oh, the girl is so beautiful, with that exquisite face and impecable line and regal mannerisms . With all due respect, I would take Part's performances , at any given moment, before those of Murphy, Willes, Herrera and even my dear cubanita Reyes... Petition number one, Mr. MKenzie: Giselle... :thumbsup: