This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

www.balletbooks.com

I just found this site: www.balletbooks.com. It is a labour of love and it looks like it is being added to all the time. What I found to be so valuable was the indexing. For example Dance as a Theater Art - Source Readings in Dance History from 1851 to the Present by Selma Jean Cohen has photographs of Erik Bruhn, Carla Fracci, Vaslav Nijinsky, Antony Tudor and Edward Villella including others. And if you search Antony Tudor under Choreographer you will find references for 18 of his ballets. If you search Antony Tudor under Photographs you will find 10 references. Another book Pas de Deux: A textbook on partnering by Nickolai Serebrennikov and Marin Horosko isn't indexed yet but the review includes the Table of Contents.

Although there would be many BT'ers who are familiar with the books reviewed I am thrilled to find several to add to my "to find" list.

"Search the balletbooks.com bookshelf for ballet books containing Photographs and Images of;

Ballet Dancers, Ballet Choreographers, Composers, Ballet Companies, and persons of interest from the ballet world."

"Find ballet books that have photographs of any of over 1000 ballet dancers and any of over 1000 ballets cross indexed to them. Easily find a ballet book by title, topic, dancer photo, publisher, ballet name, choreographer, or author."

"The only massive online cross reference of ballet book content (ballet names, choreographers, and photos) with over 6,000 cross references!"