This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center 2009 - 2010

The Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center (TAPAC) recently announced its 2009-2010 schedule. The dance season is the following:

- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago - triple bill (Duato, Cerrudo (?) and artistic director, Jim Vincent)

- commissioned work from American-Israeli choreographer, Barak Marshall. I think he works with a pick-up group. co-production with the Suzanne Dellal Dance Center

- Mark Morris Dance Group in 2 programmes

- Ballet Nacional de Espana - flamenco

- Paul Taylor Dance Company

- Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company

- Boris Eifman Ballet with the tried and tested 'Red Giselle' and the new Onegin On Line (there are some things you just can't make up :unsure: )

If I were an opera fan, I'd be much more excited about the opera season:

- West Side Story - part of the world tour of the new production (this could very well be my birthday present this year)

- The Child Dreams - world premiere by Gil Shochat based on a play by the late, great Israeli playwright Hanoch Levin

- Faust

- Il barbiere di Siviglia

- La Juive

- Betrothal in a Monastery - Stanislavski Opera visiting company from Moscow

- Pique Dame

- Nabucco - performed at the foothills of Masada as part of a Masada Opera Weekend. The weekend includes among other things a Jessye Norman concert.