This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center 2009 - 2010

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

The Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center (TAPAC) recently announced its 2009-2010 schedule. The dance season is the following:

- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago - triple bill (Duato, Cerrudo (?) and artistic director, Jim Vincent)
- commissioned work from American-Israeli choreographer, Barak Marshall. I think he works with a pick-up group. co-production with the Suzanne Dellal Dance Center
- Mark Morris Dance Group in 2 programmes
- Ballet Nacional de Espana - flamenco
- Paul Taylor Dance Company
- Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
- Boris Eifman Ballet with the tried and tested 'Red Giselle' and the new Onegin On Line (there are some things you just can't make up :unsure: )

If I were an opera fan, I'd be much more excited about the opera season:
- West Side Story - part of the world tour of the new production (this could very well be my birthday present this year)
- The Child Dreams - world premiere by Gil Shochat based on a play by the late, great Israeli playwright Hanoch Levin
- Faust
- Il barbiere di Siviglia
- La Juive
- Betrothal in a Monastery - Stanislavski Opera visiting company from Moscow
- Pique Dame
- Nabucco - performed at the foothills of Masada as part of a Masada Opera Weekend. The weekend includes among other things a Jessye Norman concert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):