• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

The Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center (TAPAC) recently announced its 2009-2010 schedule. The dance season is the following:

- Hubbard Street Dance Chicago - triple bill (Duato, Cerrudo (?) and artistic director, Jim Vincent)
- commissioned work from American-Israeli choreographer, Barak Marshall. I think he works with a pick-up group. co-production with the Suzanne Dellal Dance Center
- Mark Morris Dance Group in 2 programmes
- Ballet Nacional de Espana - flamenco
- Paul Taylor Dance Company
- Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
- Boris Eifman Ballet with the tried and tested 'Red Giselle' and the new Onegin On Line (there are some things you just can't make up :unsure: )

If I were an opera fan, I'd be much more excited about the opera season:
- West Side Story - part of the world tour of the new production (this could very well be my birthday present this year)
- The Child Dreams - world premiere by Gil Shochat based on a play by the late, great Israeli playwright Hanoch Levin
- Faust
- Il barbiere di Siviglia
- La Juive
- Betrothal in a Monastery - Stanislavski Opera visiting company from Moscow
- Pique Dame
- Nabucco - performed at the foothills of Masada as part of a Masada Opera Weekend. The weekend includes among other things a Jessye Norman concert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):