This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Viengsay Valdes, Primera Bailarina

Viengsay Valdes. Love it or hate it, but what superb technique. She will be the second bailarina ever to perform in Russia, Mme. Alonso being the first in the late 50's. I wish my cubanita the best...

Vi...you know we love you and we'll be following and clapping your russian echoes from all over the world, and yes... MAKE THAT THEATER TREMBLE WITH YOUR QUITERIA!!! :devil::ermm::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Natalia...I can't wait for your report.

Here's some background.

Giselle’s solo Act I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix198SFs4wc...feature=related

The Dying Swan

Black Swan Act III variation/coda

DQ Kitri’s entrance/Dulcinea variation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEfknMnP66s...feature=related

SL Act II Odette’s solo/Coda/transformation

as Medora in Le Corsaire

Thanks, cubanmiamiboy! I cannot wait for tonight. At yesterday afternoon's rehearsal, Viengsay had the Mariinsky corps in TOTAL AWE of her balances and multiple quad-triple-quad-triple,etc,etc. fouettes sequences.

The house is going to rock tonight!!!!!

Thanks, cubanmiamiboy! I cannot wait for tonight. At yesterday afternoon's rehearsal, Viengsay had the Mariinsky corps in TOTAL AWE of her balances and multiple quad-triple-quad-triple,etc,etc. fouettes sequences.

The house is going to rock tonight!!!!!

Who's her Basilio...? (I wonder if they will do Alonso's overhead throws and fish dives...)

It is Sarafanov, who is not very tall...but he has become stronger in the lifting department so, who knows???

At least he is a VIRTUOSO and SHOWPERSON with loads of charisma, so I bet that they will lift each other to great heights and we in the audience will definitely egg them on...CUBAN STYLE wild audience tonight, for sure. I may be a Puerto Rican but I will definitely open my Cuban-style big mouth tonight! :devil: