This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Photos of Bolshoi Coppelia

The Bolshoi premiered its new/old Coppelia on March 12. Choreography by Marius Petipa and Enrico Cecchetti. Revival and new choreographic version by Sergei Vikharev. Sets by Boris Kaminsky (based on sketches by Pyotr Lambin and Henrich Levogt), costumes by Tatiana Noginova (based on sketches by Adolph Charlemagne, Pyotr Grigoriev, Yevgeny Ponomaryov).

Some photos of the two first casts featuring Maria Alexandrova and Ruslan Skvortsov; Natalia Osipova and Vyacheslav Lopatin.

Click here: Bolshoi's Coppelia

The Bolshoi premiered its new/old Coppelia on March 12. Choreography by Marius Petipa and Enrico Cecchetti. Revival and new choreographic version by Sergei Vikharev. Sets by Boris Kaminsky (based on sketches by Pyotr Lambin and Henrich Levogt), costumes by Tatiana Noginova (based on sketches by Adolph Charlemagne, Pyotr Grigoriev, Yevgeny Ponomaryov).

Some photos of the two first casts featuring Maria Alexandrova and Ruslan Skvortsov; Natalia Osipova and Vyacheslav Lopatin.

Great photos! I love the one of Osipova doing a diagonal split in a very elegant looking red and white costume. The Bolshoi in general seems to be a very interesting and active ballet company these days, maybe more than any other. Is this Ratmansky's doing? Kudos to him.

Great photos! I love the one of Osipova doing a diagonal split in a very elegant looking red and white costume. The Bolshoi in general seems to be a very interesting and active ballet company these days, maybe more than any other. Is this Ratmansky's doing? Kudos to him.

Thanks!

It was Ratmansky who scheduled this revival of Coppelia, although as we know he himself is now no longer around at the Bolshoi. As has become a sad habit in the last years this new production isn't particularly appreciated by the locals - "too classical, too boring" is now the key-phrase. When he brought something contemporary it was considered "too modern"; now it's "too classical". I hadn't heard that complaint before, but there we go.

Next up, if all goes well in these hard times, for December is a reconstruction of Pugni's "Esmeralda" by current director Burlaka.

once again one is much obliged to you, M, for giving BT these 'windows' on what looks, at least visually, like a scrupulous and loving revival of an 'old' ballet.

let's see how long this lasts on the boards.

am i correct in noting that the recent revival of Paquita as a new/old staging is no longer in rep.?

at least the new/old KORSAR is coming to D.C. in June.

once again one is much obliged to you, M, for giving BT these 'windows' on what looks, at least visually, like a scrupulous and loving revival of an 'old' ballet.

let's see how long this lasts on the boards.

am i correct in noting that the recent revival of Paquita as a new/old staging is no longer in rep.?

at least the new/old KORSAR is coming to D.C. in June.

Thanks, Robert.

There are no more performances of the Paquita Grand Pas for this season, but that doesn't mean (at least I hope not) that it is no longer in the rep.