This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello

Marisa

I have lurking around the edges of "ballet talk" for a while now and I have found the forums most interesting. I think that it must be the Diaghilev Celebrations, or absence of such by some oraganizations, which have finally made me take the plunge.

I used to be a professional classical ballet dancer and now teach ballet. I wear the hats of dancer (in my mind - once a dancer, always a dancer), teacher, historian - technique, the Romantic Ballet and Diaghilev's Ballets Russes (my teachers were retired Diaghilev dancers), and the apron of devoted servant of felis domesticus. I used to be relatively well aquainted with the other Muses but there seems to be so little time these days.

I am computer illiterate. I will do my very careful best, however, not to destroy this fine site.

Marisa

Welcome to Ballet Talk, Marisa; we're glad to have you with us. Ballet teachers are our treasure; we thank you for passing on the art. By now you know the board covers just about every aspect of ballet. With your background you might also be interested in our sister site, Ballet Talk for Dancers, directed to students, teachers, parents of students, etc. You can access it in the upper right hand corner of this page. If you register on BT4D we ask that you use your same name so that we know who you are. Enjoy one or both boards.

Giannina

I have just discovered this site, while searching for information about the Paris Opera Ballet (which I will read up on in the other forums), and am so glad to find another group of ballet lovers. I studied ballet as a child, but stopped when my teacher became ill and closed down her school. But my passion for ballet has never gone away, and I try to see as many great dancers as I can. This year's schedule includes Giselle at the Royal Opera House, La Fille mal gardee at the Opera Garnier, Giselle again in Paris and at La Scala...yes, it's my favourite ballet :)

Welcome to Ballet Talk, afds; it's good to have you with us. We all share your love of ballet and we hope you'll enjoy sharing in our discussions. Please write reviews of the wonderful ballets you'll be attending; we have web site for all the ballet companies.

Giannina

It's good to have you aboard, Marisa and afds. You each have a richness of experience which I hope you'll share with us.

Marisa: about being "computer illiterate." A number of us started out on BT the same way. But ..... with the help of fellow members ... and sometimes to our complete surprise and delight .... we actually get better !