This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Baryshnikov's New Photo Book, Merce My WayRadio interview 03/03/09, and author event NYC 03/10/09

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:40 AM

Mikhail Baryshnikov, photographer, is scheduled to "appear" on Leonard Lopate's radio show on WNYC radio tomorrow. The two-hour show airs from noon to 2:00 pm and usually includes four guests. I don't know the order of MB's segment.

WNYC-AM is at 820, -FM at 93.9 in the New York tri-state area. Anyone can stream live on WNYC.org or, once the audio has been uploaded, stream the segment. I will post a direct link to Baryshnikov's interview after it becomes available tomorrow afternoon.

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

Here's a link to the interview, including five and a half minutes of video. Also, photos from Baryshnikov's new book of photographs, Merce My Way, an homage to Cunningham (of course) whom Baryshnikov called "our greatest avant-garde choreographer" during the interview. The page also links to a slideshow of the photos.

The interview page contains an announcement of his scheduled appearance:

Event: Mikhail Baryshnikov will be speaking and signing books
Tuesday, March 10, at 7:30 pm
Barnes & Noble, Lincoln Triangle
1972 Broadway
For more information, call 212-595-6859.

I've edited the title of this thread to reflect new info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):