This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I am seeking information about John Neff, a dancer and teacher active in Fort Wayne, Indiana, during the 1950's and 1960s. I beleive he also worked with the Joffrey Ballet. Information about possible contact would be especially appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

researcher33

Don't know if you got anywhere with your request. He was my ballet teacher in Ft Wayne for over 6 years. Id also love to know if there is a way to contact him.

Kathy

Welcome to BalletTalk, Kathy.

Since Kathy is a new member and cannot yet receive (or send) PMs, I will ask readers with information to use the Contact Us link near the top of the screen (toward the right), to send us info. Please do not post any personal information, including address, phone or e-mail, here.

We received this message via e-mail from a reader:

The John Neff you might be referring to taught dance at Pacific University in Forest Grove Oregon

I ran a search on Pacific University's website, but it turned up empty. If you're really motivated, you may want to phone the Arts department and see if they're able/willing to contact him on your behalf, researcher33.

I, too, am a former student of John Neff and have wanted to thank him many times for his excellent instruction. Hopefully the Pacific University lead will prove fruitful, Kathy; I e-mailed them a couple of weeks ago, but thus far have not received a reply. A current faculty member of the Academy of Fort Wayne Ballet responded to my e-mail, saying that though the Academy is, indeed, the school John Neff was associated with in the '50s and '60s, no one there now has either contact information for him or knowledge of where he went after leaving Fort Wayne. I sent an e-mail to the Joffrey Ballet, but have not yet heard back from them. It would really be lovely to be able to contact John Neff.