This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Peter Pestov's Gala at NYC City Center Apr. 23

Peter the Great: A Tribute to a Legendary Ballet Teacher, New York City Center, April 23, at 7pm

http://www.nycitycenter.org/tickets/produc...r=4325#programs

just grabbed a flier at City Center yesterday and was IMPRESSED by announced cast (Don't kill me if they change it)

Marcelo Gomes, Gennadi Saveliev (ABT)

Natalia Osipova, Nikolai Tsiskaridze, Ivan Vasiliev (Bolshoi Ballet)

Mikhail Kaniskin, Vladimir Malakhov (Berlin State Opera Ballet)

Sascha Radetsky (Dutch National Ballet)

Ekaterina Kondaurova (Kirov Ballet)

Karine Plantadit (Broadway star)

Wendy Whelan, Benjamin Millepied (NYCB)

Yuri Possokhov (San Francisco Ballet)

Alicia Matriain, Alexander Zaitsev (Stuttgart Ballet) and

Peter Pestov's graduating class from the John Cranko School of Stuttgart Ballet.

PS: mention YGP when purchasing tickets or code 4591 for 25% off (whoops, i missed it though)

It is worth going just to see his class of graduating boys from John Cranko Schule. One in particular has already been singled out in Europe as being potentially THE next great male dancer.

Who were the boys? I can't find their names listed anywhere.

Miles Pertl won the Grand Prix award at the San Francisco regional YAGP competition in 2007 and was a top 12 finalist at the YAGP NYC finals the same year and received at that time a scholarship to John Cranko Schule. He has trained there since.

Norbert Lukaszewski trained at John Cranko Schule under Petr Pestov before winning the Grand Prix prize at the YAGP finals in 2008.

It took some work to get a correct ID, but the young man I singled out in my review on Danceview Times was in fact Maxime Quiroga, who is already with Stuttgart Ballet.

All six were very talented and well trained, but sometimes, you look at one student and think, "that one." Quiroga is the one who had the stagecraft and the look.

All six were very talented and well trained, but sometimes, you look at one student and think, "that one." Quiroga is the one who had the stagecraft and the look.

I am going to Google his picture, but (I apologize for asking it this way) was he the really pretty one? :P

Bingo :P

As one of my teachers, Gabriella Darvash, said to us repeatedly, "Children, ballet is a visual art."

But more than the good looks, he was the one who performed instead of did steps.

Alas, Stuttgart did not offer him a full contract. He's going to Flanders.