This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jerome Robbins: Something to Dance About-- documentary in the American Masters series

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:27 AM

I saw the documentary. For someone who, like me, has had limited to non exposure to his works I think it was very informative. I had no idea about the political stuff. Naming names...? Wow...

#47 EricMontreal22

EricMontreal22

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

Jerome's naming names left him with quite the stigma--something I think it's easy to forget now. I'm not syaing this excuses--and certainly he never wanted for work at least on the stage--but it did make him an unwanted man in many circles. Even when he came to "doctor" A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum out of town (and saved it as the docu said) Zero Mostel was NOT pleased nor very eager to work with him at first--and I don't think he was all that happier with him when they reunited for Fiddler, although Zero knew he was the best man for the job.

#48 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

A Peabody Award! :lol: (Scroll down)

Congratulations to PBS, American Masters and all those who contributed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):