This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Board Appearance Is Changing

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

I think, as noted above, we're still working on it and there will be more changes. I have to say that I am not a fan of yellow :huh: (even in smilie signs) I think that the several colors makes the top look busy and is distracting. I get a jolt every time I log in -- and not because there's a change, but because of the contrast of colors.

#17 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• 7,320 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

Change is difficult. All the colors so far have been subtle in tone, even gentle. Nice work!

Anyway, I've always felt that it's the content and the members that make Ballet Talk beautiful.

#18 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

It took me the longest time to figure out what these colours remind me of--they are like breath mints, I think, maybe Certs. I thought the simpler scheme more elegant, but one gets used to these things in a day or two, it isn't something too crucial to change to it.

#19 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:55 PM

We've been trying different schemes, and will no doubt try several more, so please don't fall in love with anything! :huh:

#20 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

We've been trying different schemes, and will no doubt try several more, so please don't fall in love with anything! :wink:

But I think it is pretty by now anyway.

#21 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

If I had my druthers, it would be black, white, and beige, so I'm trying to be gentle :wink:

#22 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,418 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

Green is the new yellow. Hopefully this will be less jarring for those who gave feedback.

#23 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,271 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

Oh, thank you, Helene. Green is good :wink: (I don't know whether it's the shade, or that there's only one other shade and you've done a beautiful job of matching it/making it complementary, but I like this.)

#24 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

It took me the longest time to figure out what these colours remind me of--they are like breath mints, I think, maybe Certs.

Or those sugared almonds my grandmothers always had... :wink:

This is nice. Thanks, Helene.

#25 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,272 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:13 PM

Anyway, I've always felt that it's the content and the members that make Ballet Talk beautiful.

:wink:

#26 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,272 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:17 PM

If I had my druthers, it would be black, white, and beige, so I'm trying to be gentle :beg:

:wink:
Post edited: thumbs up for the black, white and beige,

#27 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:55 AM

This is very, very nice.
:wink: :beg:

Green is soothing to the eyes, which is why so many of us grew up in classrooms with green chalkboards.

I have overheard opticians warning patients away from blue lenses in their sunglasses, because it causes eyestrain. That's when you add a layer of blue to everything in your environment. I don't know that blue things are hard on the eyes, but this looks just fine.

#28 papeetepatrick

papeetepatrick

Sapphire Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,486 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

Yes, this it nicer by far than the banana colour, so that now there are five (or so) colours altogether, and four (or so) are in the same family. And there are many tutus in the light-lime and light-lavender family, so we have now a nice understated ballet look--makes me think of Ashton, for some reason--and maybe Luna Moths. No more Life Saver look...Good job, Helene, and sounds like you worked on it a long time--like at Janovic Plaza or something..

#29 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

It took me the longest time to figure out what these colours remind me of--they are like breath mints, I think, maybe Certs.

Or those sugared almonds my grandmothers always had... :FIREdevil:

This is nice. Thanks, Helene.

Or those butter mints you used to get at wedding receptions

A thought -- at some point, if you're looking to retool the site, you might consider putting a set of the nested buttons that show your location and let you click back through the list

( Ballet Talk > Members Area > About This Site > Board Appearance Is Changing)

at the bottom of the page as well as at the top. Whenever I've finished reading through a thread, and want to click and return to the main page, I have to scroll back up the page to get to those buttons -- it would be nice to have them at the bottom, where I am, as well.

#30 Hans

Hans

Sapphire Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

Sandik, if you look at the bottom left of each post in a thread, next to the "Report" button, there is a "Top" button, and if you click it, it returns you to the top of the page. I don't blame you for not noticing it--I just found it today, and I've been reading the board for over ten years!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):