This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

the features of each ballet company

What's the feature of each ballet company?Royal Ballet,ABT,Paris Opera Ballet,Staatsballett Berlin,La Scala,Bolshoi,Kirov,NYCB,San Francisco Ballet...

I especially interested in the difference between Bolshoi and Kirov.I feel Bolshoi and Kirov are so different,but don't know how to describe...So I hope to listen to your opinion.

What's the feature of each ballet company?Royal Ballet,ABT,Paris Opera Ballet,Staatsballett Berlin,La Scala,Bolshoi,Kirov,NYCB,San Francisco Ballet...

I especially interested in the difference between Bolshoi and Kirov.I feel Bolshoi and Kirov are so different,but don't know how to describe...So I hope to listen to your opinion.

bolshoi lover, that's quite a large question! :wink: If you search through past Ballet Talk threads, you'll probably find answers in many places. Here are a few places to start:

Imperial and Vagonava styles

Bolshoi Style

Royal Ballet style

Kirov/Mariinksy style

Royal Danish Ballet style

NYCB style

La Scala style

You'll also find forums devoted to each of the companies you ask about under the European Ballet Companies and American Ballet Companies headings. You might want to add comments or ask questions on one of those existing threads.

From the perspective of Vladimir Vasiliev:

Ballet Review: What do you think about the current state of ballet, for example, about the Bolshoi Theatre?

Vasiliev: I don't want to judge. After all, I've been practically torn away from the theater for ten years. So long as the school is there, everything will be okay. the theater can fall apart, but as long as the school exists, it will be reborn.