This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Margarita Naranjo de Saa

Some searching of the De Saa last name-(the two Cuban twins from Mirror Dance that Gina Ness still remembers)-came as very sad news.

"Margarita Naranjo De Saa, aged 41, was found dead last August 26 in her apartment in the center of the city of Mazatlan, Sinaloa state, with signs of having been strangled. Miss Saa was the daughter of Ramona de Saa, a prominent personality of dance and director of the National Ballet School in Cuba."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...lz%3D1I7GWYE_en

This is, as I said, very shocking. Recently we had Vanya Mishvek introducing himself-(from the Michel Panaieff/Victor Moreno/Mishvek thread). He is the husband of Margarita de Saa, Ramona's twin. Margarita Naranjo was herself a ballet dancer and teacher.

My sincere condolences to her mom Ramona and the rest of her family. May she rest in peace.

How awful!!! I am trying to remember if she is the dancer I saw in Jackson, Mississippi in 1986; the age is right and it was definitely that last time. This girl did not medal, but she stayed in my mind longer than a lot of others, doing a really beautiful Giselle variation from Act I. What a terrible thing but thank you for letting us know.